What causes cramps in toes and pain in leg?
Less likely to be DVT , get investigated as advised
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
This cramping may be due to electrolyte imbalance, hypocalcemia or hypokalemia.
Is there any such complains in upper limbs, any seizure, joint swelling, swelling in lower limbs.
Deep venous sinus thrombosis presents with swelling, tightness, redness of lower limbs with severe pain on moving foot.
What was the cause for her hospitalisation?
Any other medical illness like , diabetes, hypertension, joint diseases ?
Any other medications being taken?
You can get investigated for serum calcium, potassium, vitamin D , prothrombin time, INR, CPK -MM.
For treatment she can start with pregabalin and multivitamins.take plenty of fluids and fruits.
Examination by a physician or a neurologist may be helpful.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
Take medications as advised and get investigated
She can get investigated as advised and start medications.
Is there any drugs for hepatitis B also and what is the stage?
Any complications regarding hepatitis B?
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Menstrual cramps that cause pain in legs
- What are the causes for cramps in fingers and toes
- What causes leg cramps and redness in leg with fever
- Cause of cramps in legs toes feet and fingers
- Causes of cramp in toes
- What are the causes for pain and swelling in toes
- What relieves the cramped muscle in the leg causing pain
- What is the cause of leg cramps with eye pain
- What causes pain in middle toes
- What causes leg muscle cramps