What causes coughing up of yellow mucus and headache after quit smoking?
Yes, this can be pneumonia.
Yes, possibility of pneumonia is more likely.
Cough for 2 weeks with greenish yellow mucus are more suggestive of lung infection (pneumonia).
Neck pain is mostly due to muscular pain because of coughing.
So better to take him to pulmonologist and get done clinical examination of respiratory system and chest x ray.
Chest x ray is must for the diagnosis of lung infection.
He may need antibiotic and other supportive drugs.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- No coughing after quitting smoking
- Headache and dreams after quit smoking
- What is the cause of dizziness after having quit smoking
- Coughing after quitting smoking
- Cause for the dry mouth after quitting smoking
- What causes shaking and sweating after quitting smoking
- Tickly cough after quitting smoking
- Dry cough after quitting smoking
- Increased coughing after quitting smoking
- Coughing up brown mucus after quitting smoking