What causes cough during night with normal chest X ray?

Question
My chest xray CXR PA UPRIGHT fiund a Haziness of both lower lungs regions without opacity , possible due to soft tissue overlying. No definate pulmonary infitration seen. No detected of Pleurak effusion nor pneumothorax. No cardiomegaly is seen. Bony thorax intact.

This has got me very waried I cough most noght in bed and cannot get to sleep , what other test can be done to fix this problem

What other test I need to do to clearify this problem?
i ahd an ECG and that was normal, I take multiviamin, krill oil, vitamin C , and use Vitamin A as a topical cream for my acne.
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
PFT and CT scan can help you.

Detailed Answer:

In your case pulmonary function tests can help know if there is any early obstructive or constructive lung disease.

CT scan can help to know whether those opacities are really due to overlying tissue and also check if there are any infiltrates that were not seen on xray.

Also routine blood investigations can help know if there are any associated hematological changes.

I will also suggest you to see chest physician.

Hope this helps.Regards.