• question-icon

What causes cough and breathing difficulty?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i sprayed lysol on my sons matress. waited a few minutes to set in. and he slept on it. should i be worried?the smell is very strong
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend that you move him

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms,

I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but I would recommend that you move your son to another bed as Lysol contains ethanol which can cause skin irritation and itching. if your son experience any skin redness or itching then you should wash his skin with soap and water and apply Benadryl cream .
Also Lysol contains carbon monoxide that can cause cough and difficulty breathing if inhaled.

I hope I answered your question . if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman