What causes constipation and stomach gurgling?
Colonoscopy is necessary
Thank you for the query.
The point is that this might be bowels obstruction, not the regular constipation. Please note that such symptoms over the age of 50 needs to be checked with colonoscopy. It is because the risk of colon cancer over the age of 50 significantly rises.
So please do not wait with it. Consult your doctor as soon as possible. You should have abdominal X-ray and blood work done at first and colonoscopy scheduled.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constipation in pregnancy
- What is the cause and treatment for constipation
- What causes stomach cramps wit bloatingdiarrhea and constipation
- What causes constipation and bloating
- What vitamins cause constipation
- What causes constipation and stomach pain
- What can cause constipation
- What causes constipation in toddlers
- What is the cause of stomach painvomiting and constipation
- What causes severe constipation with stomach distension