What causes constant twitching in the lower eyelid?
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Typical eyelid spasm is of no concern and due to benign reasons like lack of sleep, excess of caffeine or visual acuity problems ( use of corrective lenses help ).
I would suggest warm soaks, rest, avoid caffeine, sleep adequately , if dry eyes a problem use some artificial eye drops . Wait for it and these will self resolve in a couple of days. if these persist, visit a local ophthalmology clinic, they will assess for other possibilities like blepharospasm and will manage accordingly with antispasmodics and botulinum toxin etc but i am sure it wont come to that.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Upper eyelid twitching causes
- What causes constant dehydration and lower back pain
- Cause of lower eyelid twitching
- What causes lower lip muscle to twitch
- What causes bluish swelling of the lower eyelid
- What causes lower abdomen to twitch
- What is the cause of involuntary twitching of eyelid
- What causes twitching eyelids
- What is causing constant pain in lower back
- What could cause twitching of eyelid