What causes constant tiredness, poor appetite, body weakness, hair loss and brain fog?

Question
I think my body has turned against me. I am always tired, never really hungry, a few bites and I'm full, sleepy but don't much ,but just can't get going. I started getting, not dissy but no balance, then took some hard falls and broke both wrist, my finger and my elbow in 3places and messed up my knees. Now I am having swelling in my mouth, no sores, except where I bit my lip. My legs are so weak I can nearly make it to the bathroom and now my arms are going weak. I am losing hair and have severe brain fog. My sight is here and there. I have had test and they can't seem to come up with much, atrophied muscles, lost weight, which I needed to. High good pressure, top number, and their medicine either doesn't help or make me more tired or sick. I already to give up.

Fri, 4 May 2018 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need auto immune profile and thyroid profile

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be polymyalgia rheumatica or other auto immune conditions which can cause muscle break down and chronic fatigue syndrome but more severe conditions like polymyocitis or other form of myopathies need to be worked up.

In my opinion the right person to go with all these symptoms is rheumatologist and stick to the manangement plan advised by him. Meanwhile baseline investigations alongwith inflammatory markers like CRP or ESR along with ANA, LDH and CPK would be good to start with.

Meanwhile analgesics like acetaminophen and supplements for Calcium, Vitamin D3 and B complex as well as folic acid can be started. And don't be upset as the diagnosis is still awaited and once you follow the right chain of management, the exact cause can be isolated and treated for prompt improvement.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards