What causes constant pain in left lower abdomen ?
Please find detailed answer below
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
The spleen is an organ located in left upper abdomen just below the diaphragm. The spleen enlarges towards the right and inferiorly. The pain from an enlarged spleen is therefore first felt in left upper abdomen and grossly enlarged spleen is felt in across left upper towards right lower abdomen.
The other common causes of pain in left lower abdomen might be due to stone in left kidney or ureter and large bowel conditions including diverticulitis.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having sudden pain in lower abdomen what is causing this
- Persisting pain in the lower abdomen what is causing this
- What causes constant dehydration and lower back pain
- What causes dull pain in left lower abdomen
- What causes pain in lower abdomen with fluttering
- What causes constant lower abdominal pain by hip
- What causes constant left arm pain
- What is the cause for pain in right lower abdomen
- What are the causes of abdomen pain
- What is causing constant pain in lower back