What causes cold feeling in an elderly person after starting Prolia?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am 71 years old male and I have been feeling so cold for the last several months. My doctor checked my thyroid function and results were normal. I have had my prostate removed and my urologist keeps check on my PSA. I just started Prolia for my bones, but have had coldness before several months before this. To warm up I get in the bed under overs or in a hot shower. Any answers?
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to reduced skin blood flow.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Since you had the cold feeling before starting Prolia, a side effect of prolia is excluded.
One feels cold when the blood flow to the skin is decreased as in the case of hypothyroidism which is excluded in you. Diabetes and high cholesterol abnormalities may affect blood vessels . As we grow older the blood flow may decrease.
Wearing warm clothes may help. Ginkgo bilbao a herbal product which is sold as supplement increases blood flow and may be helpful.