What causes clicking sound in left ear?

Posted on Sat, 5 Sep 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Yes I have a clicking sound in my left ear. I do have allergies. What should I do?

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is due to allergy!

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Please dont worry, the clicking sound is likely to be due to your allergy.

There is a normal tube called eustachian tube, which connects the nose to the ear and this can get blocked due to allergy. This can lead to the clicking sound which you are hearing.

i can recommend that you meet your ent doctor, he will examine you and start you on medicines for the allergy, he may also start you on a steroid spray. Once your allergy is controlled , the sound will stop.

In the meantime i will ask you to take steam inhalation 2-3 times a day, this will help open up the eustachian tube.

Thanks and take care!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist