What causes chest pain when suffering from aneurysm?

Question
I have a thoracic aorta aneurism and have been having pain under/around my left breast during the night. Last night I went ot turn over and was awaken by the pain. Once I turn over it eased off. I am worried. MY last CT scan showed ascending to be 4.3 and descending to be 3.4cm. Am I having a heart attack of sorts or is the aneurism inlarging?
Any info will be most appreciated. Thank you~~
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not heart attach

Detailed Answer:

The chest pain you are getting cant be due to heart attack, instead it could be due to aneurysm or itself getting complicated into dissection.

Do get investigated well to rule out aortic dissection which is a serious condition.

Also, I can assure you pain in the chest can be seen due to aneurysm alone without complications most of times but its essential to rule out dissection.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.