Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

176 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes chest pain when suffering from aneurysm?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3673 Questions
I have a thoracic aorta aneurism and have been having pain under/around my left breast during the night. Last night I went ot turn over and was awaken by the pain. Once I turn over it eased off. I am worried. MY last CT scan showed ascending to be 4.3 and descending to be 3.4cm. Am I having a heart attack of sorts or is the aneurism inlarging?
Any info will be most appreciated. Thank you~~
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not heart attach

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

The chest pain you are getting cant be due to heart attack, instead it could be due to aneurysm or itself getting complicated into dissection.

Do get investigated well to rule out aortic dissection which is a serious condition.

Also, I can assure you pain in the chest can be seen due to aneurysm alone without complications most of times but its essential to rule out dissection.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist