What causes chest pain and shortness of breath?

Question
I've been told I have mild hypertendion inside the heart(pulmonary hypertension)
I have recently had the flu or virus, a chest x-ray showed some pneumonia, I have took amoxicillan 500 mg for 7 days
I never did cough ar anything, it helped with the pain, but last four days I have had bad pain in my chest and shortness of breath and then coughing yesterday and today coughing green mucas from lungs...I do not want to take antibiotics again, any suggestions?
Would I have a possibility of cystic fibrosis and not have been ever diagnosed with it? I swea a lot like theey say babies will with high concentrations of salt, & pain in my right lung a lot with scar tissue showing up in it...?
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs to get evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Cystic fibrosis usually troubles in early life and it has different type of symptoms. Your symptoms are not related to cystic fibrosis.

With your symptoms i can think of two possibilities pneumonia, which usually presents with cough and shortness of breath and chest pain from muscular pain from cough, Pulmonary hypertension itself is a predisposing factor for your repeated lung infection. Other possibility would be Exacerbation of your heart problem, Increase in pulmonary hypertension.

For my patients with similar presentation first i would like to get complete history and physical examination, depending on examination findings i would like to get investigations ECG, cardiac enzymes, Chest X-ray, sputum examination and ECHO.

As your conditions needs to get investigations done better to consult your doctor early and get investigated.

Hope i answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Wish you a speedy recovery.