What causes burning sensation in the throat?
Respected XXXX, Oesophagitis through reflux of stomach acid.
Respected XXXX, hi I evaluated your query thoroughly.
*Burning in throat when throwing up is due to Acid reflux from the stomach irritating
oesophageal mucosal linings.
*Certain details I would like to know further for proper evaluation - frequency of
throwing with duration - associated conditions of High BP / Diabetes / Heart
problems - personality - sleep pattern - any other symptoms alongwith like
abdominal pain , fever etc. - any other information you would like to share.
*In our clinic , for persistent annoying symptoms we evaluate the patient in
form of thorough history taking, clinical assessment and if needed any
evaluation in terms of laboratory / Ultrasound / Upper GI Scopy .
*On priority basis you should take combination of Anti-emetic with Proton Pump
Inhibitor (like Domperidone - 10mg with Pantoprazole - 40 mg ) twice a day
1 hour prior to breakfast and dinner ; along with Alma-Seltzer for 5 days.
- Rest of the care has to be taken in terms of :
@ Avoid all oily / spicy / nonveg stuffs / junk foods / beverages / excess ghee/
artifical sweeteners if using.
@ Avoid stress / anxiety which are your major enemies.
@ Have adequate sound sleep of 8 hours.
@ Avoid prolong fasting / over eating.
@ Avoid smoking / alcohol / abuse substances if using any of them.
@ Do remain ambulatory with regular walking.
@ Do regular Deep breathing exercises and YOGA for 30 min. daily without
@ Avoid immediately going to bed after lunch / dinner.
@ Take dinner atleast before 2 - 3hours of sleeping time.
@ Should avoid late night parties till possible if engaged.
@ Keep your head end of the bed elevated for atleast 30 degrees to prevent
regurgitation of the night acid from stomach.
@ Keep your weight , BP , Blood sugar & cholesterol levels under control.
Hope this helps in your query.
Thanks for using Health Care Magic and keeping trust in our medical services.
Wishing you fast and speedy recovery from the same.
Bye Dear take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes burning sensation in the throat
- What causes dry throat and mouth with choking sensation
- What causes burning sensation in throat with fever
- What could cause burning in throat
- What are the underlying causes for aching sensation in throat
- What causes burping and burning in the throat
- What causes burning in throat
- Does throat cancer cause burning sensation in throat
- What causes choking sensation in throat
- What causes burning sensation in throat during pregnancy
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools