What causes burning sensation in chest and stomach after eating food?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi
I have a recuring problem every time after dinner and sometimes after lunch i feel burning sensation in my chest and stomach along with gas formation in my stomach.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
GERD, capsule omez 20 mg once daily for 15 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query. Based on the information provided by you, you might be having gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).

I would suggest you to avoid spicy food and eat bland food for week at least. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Eat small frequent meals rather than heavy meals. Do not lie down after eating, walk for 15 to 20 minutes post lunch and dinner.

I would have treated you with capsule omez (omeprazole) 20 mg taken daily once before breakfast for 15 days. I would have asked you for follow up after 15 days.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj