What causes burning pain in the leg?

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a burning type pain on my lower right leg. on the back of my knee and the front of my ankle. The joints do not have pain. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nerve compression

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

Do you have Diabetes?

You could be having a nerve compression in your spine because at your age, spondylosis is common and can affect the nerves that supply the region of the skin that you mentioned.

Avoid bending forwards or lifting weights. Tablet Pregabalin 75mg at night shall take care of the burning sensation.

You may need to get an Xray and MRI of the lumbosacral spine to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 24 minutes later
No diabetes, is chiropractic alignment an options?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
It is advisable to get the xrays and MRI before a Chiropractor touches you. It can be dangerous to manipulate the spine without being sure of the problem.