question-icon

What causes burning pain around vagina during urination after a D&C??

Posted on Tue, 1 Dec 2015
Question: I had a d&c November 6.Monday moring November 9 burning pain when peeing ,open of vagina. Call my obgyn that did the surgery, she said is was because Im over weight and so pain is to be espected, take advil.
Answered by Dr. Soumya (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Urinary tract infection

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about the pain.

This pain seems to be from urinary tract infection (UTI) that arises from procedures like D&C.

You need to drink lot of water and continue with medicines you are taking after procedure. These medicines will take care of UTI as well as pain.

You will see improvement in next 2 days.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN