What causes bumps on belly button and bottom of penis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
I have 6 bumps one right under my belly button 3 on my belt line(lower stomach) 2 in my pubic hairs and one on the very bottom of my penis. It was very itchy ..It has been a week seems like the one under my belly button is healing pretty good the others are not. I was wondering what this could be and any other treatments i should try ??
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be staphylocccal infection of hair follicles

Detailed Answer:
HELLO
hanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted all the bumps appear to be due to staphylococcal (Bacterial)infection of hair follicles .

You need to take antibiotic like Doxicycline and anti inflammatory medication lke Diclofenac twice daily.

Ensure to clean them with warm water .

It should get cured within a week,

Hope I have answered your query .Please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What causes bumps on belly button and bottom of penis? 8 hours later
Alright thanks will do !!! This is a photo from the one on my stomach ...

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue taking reatment suggested earlier.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Continue taking treatment which I have suggested earlier.
In case you have itching at the site of lesion.you may use topical steroidal cream like Cortisole for local application.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.