Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

184 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes brown tinge in cervical mucus during pregnancy?

Answered by
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3768 Questions

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I'm 6-8 wks pregnant. I'm getting the occasional tiny brown tinge in my cervical mucus when I go to the bathroom. What could this be? Is this worrying?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take rest

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) This is mild bleeding.

2)This happens when there is bleeding around the gestational sac.

3) You need to take complete rest.

4) Take supportive treatment from your doctor.

5) Dont worry as this is not dangerous as of now.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later
I can't take time off work but I have a desk job. does that make it worse
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

You definitely need to take off from work for another 3 weeks atleast.
It might make it worse otherwise.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Gestational sac

doctor1 MD

We took tablet for abortion with help of doctor and took scanning after two week, got report like appearibg gestitional sac - retained product, in this situation could we have to go d&c or try one more time with pills.

doctor1 MD

I went an vaginal USG on 06th Nov for pregnancy . It showed a gestational sac of 9 mm with regular wall.Yolk.CRL of 1.8mm but no fetal heartbeat.weeks of pregnancy as per USG is 6 weeks 2 days. Is it normal not to see a heart beat with CRL of 1.8mm

doctor1 MD

hi, my last period was 05/15/2013, I had an ultra sound yesterday due to virginal bleeding, calculating from the 1st day of my last period I was 6.6wks gone, but the ultrasound showed a gestational sac of about 0.8cm, no yolk, no fetal pole, hcg showed 4590, could this be normal or is somethg wrong? bcos I expected to see somethg in there or even a heart beat at 6.6wks, even tho' I was told to repeat the blood work after 2days to be sure its raising, I am still worried bcos I had a miscarriage few months ago about the same time, ill go for anoda blood work tomorrow... someone should pls help put my mind at rest... thank u

doctor1 MD

Hi I missed oct 3 my period and I checked with doctor by upt they told I m pregnant On 12th October. Today 16th October I found a blood clot in my urine and i checked with the doctor she asked for early pregnancy test The report shows Uterus is...

doctor1 MD

I have retroverted uterus. my 1st usg showed a gestation sac and yolk sac on left horn and there was a blur image on rt one so couldnot make out if there was another sac there. I went for scan again after a week and USG showed gestation sac on RIGHT side this time with no yolk sac. The left horn image was blurr. Kindly advice.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc my wife is pregnant now by 8 week day before yesterday we done a ultrasound and it tell that Ushows single intrauterine gestational sac corresponding to gestational age of 7wks 3d +-1wk by CRL of 1.19cm. fetal node seen. Cardiac activity seen. Trophoblastic reaction is seen all around. internal os is opened by 3.5mm and cervical length of aprx 3.7 cm Kindly suggest if internal os is opened is there any risk there or what we have to do now.

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor,( this is for a gynecologist)
My last period was on 4.09.2010. my ovulation was approx. between 22nd to 24th. I missed my periods on 04.10.2010. Home pregnancy test came negative on 12.10.2010 but came positive on 16.10.2010. on 18.10.2010 started spotting brown so visited doc and did sonography. uterus was empty. on 25.10.2010 ultrasound report says the gestational sac has been formed but not the yolk sac and the embryo. the brown spotting still continues although i take susten 200 twice a day. please advice if every thing is going well.and when should i do the next ultrasound?