What causes brown spotting in between periods?

Posted on Tue, 10 Mar 2015 in Women's Health
Question: HI! I am 33 years old woman.For 3 months i have some brown spotting between periods.I never had it before.I have vaginal itching and yeast infection for 4 months. I used some herbal supplements like 5htp,some weight loss pills and some laxatives.Is this normal? Thank you!

Brown spotting is on underwear,but when i wiped is like pink blood.It is 3-5 days after period ,after 10 days it is appear again.I feel good,i have regular and normal periods. Thank you!

Brown spotting in not smelly it is a small amount,it is more when i wiped -brown-pinky color. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to vaginal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The mild brown spotting that you had can be due to a vaginal infection. This can be due to mild hormonal imbalance also. In case this has happened for the first time then there is no need to worry. In case such episodes are recurrent then it is best to consult your gynecologist for a physical examination and proper treatment of the problem.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN