What causes body pains, urge to urinate and depression?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
all my glands are up in neck armpit and groin, my body hurts to touch, my whole body aches, i feel like i have been beaten, constantly need to urinate, milia, fast wieght gain, itchy anus, depression, getting out of bed makes me want to cry, please help me I can't take this anymore
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may have somatoform disorder

Detailed Answer:
HI
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

I think, you may have somatoform disorder. In somatoform disorder, most of time, patients feel anxiety and depressive symptoms. In your case, constantly need to urinate etc could be towards somatic or anxiety symptoms. Before giving you further advise, please answer few questions:

1. How long have you been suffering from above symptoms?
2. Have you been on my medication?
3. Any stress in your personal life?

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist

Follow-up: What causes body pains, urge to urinate and depression? 1 hour later
Hi, all these problems started in October, my insides feel bruised and are painful to touch, no medications, i have been given various creams yo help with the genital itching but nothing does help, my doctors seem to be ignoring all my other symptoms, i do feel stressed but this may be being ill for so long

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:
HI

In my views, you have underline psychological disorder (somatoform disorder). In that case, you need few antidepressant like sertraline or duloxetine etc. These drugs would help you to come out of this problem. Better to consult a psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and management.

In case, you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist