Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What causes body pains, urge to urinate and depression?

Jun 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2496 Questions
all my glands are up in neck armpit and groin, my body hurts to touch, my whole body aches, i feel like i have been beaten, constantly need to urinate, milia, fast wieght gain, itchy anus, depression, getting out of bed makes me want to cry, please help me I can't take this anymore
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Lump
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may have somatoform disorder

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

I think, you may have somatoform disorder. In somatoform disorder, most of time, patients feel anxiety and depressive symptoms. In your case, constantly need to urinate etc could be towards somatic or anxiety symptoms. Before giving you further advise, please answer few questions:

1. How long have you been suffering from above symptoms?
2. Have you been on my medication?
3. Any stress in your personal life?

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes body pains, urge to urinate and depression? 1 hour later
Hi, all these problems started in October, my insides feel bruised and are painful to touch, no medications, i have been given various creams yo help with the genital itching but nothing does help, my doctors seem to be ignoring all my other symptoms, i do feel stressed but this may be being ill for so long
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:

In my views, you have underline psychological disorder (somatoform disorder). In that case, you need few antidepressant like sertraline or duloxetine etc. These drugs would help you to come out of this problem. Better to consult a psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and management.

In case, you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor