What causes blood in urine?
Could this be considered internal bleeding from Xarelto?
Blood in urine isn't normal.It needs to be investigated.
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i can understand your concern.
Blood in urine is not normal. We need to find out the cause for the bleeding.
Xarelto should be stopped,as it may delay the bleeding from stopping.
blood in urine is called hematuria.
His anxiety is understandable. In fact,it may even cause frequency of stools.
He has not written,why the Xarelto was being taken. Why did the clot develop.
He needs to get examined by an Urologist. Then get some tests done, like :
1. urine routine and culture.
2. blood routine,creatinine,PSA,RBS,LFT,platelets,BT,CT,PT,and PTT.
3. stool routine.
4. ultrasound -KUB,with residual urine,and TRUS.(trans rectal scan).
6. cystoscopy may be needed after seeing the reports.
After seeing these reports,the Urologist can advise on expert treatment.
You can send a copy of the reports here,for an expert opinion.
Ask him to drink about two liters of fluids daily.
kindly send information regarding other medication being taken.
Wishing him well.
Dr.Matthew J. Mangat.
Here is a list of his medications as of this date: (he is going to see his doctor about his concern), but he is not a urologist. I have copied all the sugestions to follow and he is taking this seriously. Being 52, need to really watch out for ones health.
METFORMIN:1000 MG TWICE DAILY
XARELTO: 20 MG AT NIGHT
LISINOPRIL: 40 MG AT NIGHT
METOPROLOLTART: 50 MG TWICE DAILY
CRESTOR: 20MG AT NIGHT
FLECAINIDE:100 MG TWICE DAILY
LANTUS: FLEX PEN 30 UNITS AT NIGHT
HUMLOG: FLEX PEN (FASTACTING) WHEN NEEDED
amLODIPine BESYLAT TAB 10 MG 1 TABLET BY MOUTH DAILY
Last ngiht about 6:00pm, he seen some maybe dried up blood when he urinated he seen some small pieces of something ( a kidney stone perhaps?) and since then the urine has been clean. There was no pain with urination. Should he still go to have all the test done as you suggested and he is not taking any more of the Xeralto until he speaks with his doctor on Monday. XXXXXXX has also been having some stomach discomfort and loose stools as you mentioned.
You are a GOD send, honestly, what a wonderful program this is. Again, there is nothing like peace of mind and though there are worries and concerns, you have given us both peace of mind and that is priceless. You are wonderful, caring and detailed and not just a quick short answer. It is a blessing to have found this service. Thank you doctor.
Tests needed to find cause for blood in urine.
Your feedback is very important to us.
As per your reply,Tom's having Xarelto,since he had a clot in the leg.
This clot is called a DVT.(deep vein thrombosis).
He has diabetes,hypertension,cardiac arrythmias and high cholesterol levels.
So he has to be careful,to prevent recurrence of the clot formation.
Now my advice was regarding,finding out cause for bleeding in urine.
Without reports,it'll be difficult to give an expert opinion.
You can add the test HbA1C and fasting lipid profile,to the other tests advised.
Once i see the reports,i can give you an expert advice.
Wish him well.
Dr.Matthew J. Mangat.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood in the urine in females
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine
- What does discoloration on the penis head indicate?
- Is sexual intercourse after a varicocele operation risky?
- What does numbness in pelvic area after using weed indicate?
- What causes bowel and urinary discomfort post radiation for prostate...
- Is Moxicip advisable when on treatment for TB ?
- Suggest treatment for UTI and blood in urine
- Suggest treatment for intermittent pain in right testicle
- What do recurrent UTI and incontinence after TOT cystoscopy indicate?
- What do these below lab reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for blood in urine, headaches and chills