question-icon

What causes blood in urine?

Posted on Thu, 13 Nov 2014
Question: My urinalysis test report shows all parameters are within in normal range except the indication that 'presence of blood detected' and RBC - 3 - 5 HPF is it a matter of concern....my other test report relating to kidney are normal....
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (11 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Nothing to be worried,

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have done routine urine analysis and detected presence of 3-5 RBC in urine.

You have been taking drugs like Sompraz and BET-OZ before collecting urine sample for analysis.

Presence of 2-3 RBC is considered to be normal .In absence of any urinary symptoms presence of 3-5 RBC is insignificant and nothing to be worried .

This could be due to mild drug induced Cystitis .

Drink more water and repeat urine analysis after one week to be rest assured about any pathology.and to allay your anxiety.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to write if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards .
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist