What causes blood in urine?
Could be due to UTI or Urinary stones .`
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have hematuria .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have pain in abdomen or loin ?
2) Do you have any urinary symptoms like increased frequency for urination ,burning urination etc ?
3) Do you have fever and vomiting ?
This could be mostly due to UTI or presence of stone either in kidney or ureter.
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis
1) Routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis to rule out stone
Please start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.
Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood in the urine in females
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine