What causes blood in urine after taking Nandrolone?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I take 200 mg XXXXXXX daily for Nigerians. But have been having slot of blood in my urine lately. I have had a x-ray. A C Tscan with no stones or blockages showing. Could my XXXXXXX be causing the blood in my urine?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX unlikely the cause, however discontinue, needs workup for hematuria

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your questions and i understand your concern. Blood in urine with ruled out blockage or stone and infection needs further work up as hematuria always alarms for the underlying cause and painless hematuria makes it more worrisome as that could point towards bladder malignancies too.

XXXXXXX 200mg is nandrolone ( a steroid) which can also in long term use such genitourinary complaints. There is only one way to know. Get a urologist, let them run some labs, i would recommend cystoscopy to rule out any malignancy or other cause of this hematuria. Apart from it, a complete renal functions assessment, urine routine exam and culture and sensitivity of urine. Blood profile parameters like platelets count, PT APTT INR etc would also be needed to sort out this cause.

Nutshell, hematuria is a symptoms and we need to focus on the cause of it. Nandrolone may cause it but very unlikely however its use with out doctor's consult is unwise as steroids have adverse effects. Talk to your urologist and let them sort it out.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please

Khan