What causes blood in stool?
you might have anal fissure
Sorry to say but your details are not complete to guide you
I need following details
1) Abdominal pain
2) Pain around anus
3) diarrhea or constipation
4) Mucus in stool
5) any previous reports,
Please do follow up with all appropriate detail, but if you have small red colored blood on surface of stool or on comod with history of hard stool then possibly you have anal fissure.
Anal fissure also cause pain around anus because of inflammation and tear of inner layer of wall of anus. It require medical treatment for correction of constipation and for control of pain and to reduce swelling.
But if fissure is since long time then it might require surgery
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
mostly anal fissure
Spontaneous episode of red blood in stool without any pain suggests anal fissure.
You should consult a general surgeon for physical examination of anal region for digital rectal examination and proctoscopy to visualize inner part of lower 10cm of anal canal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loose stools with blood in it
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes blood in stool weakness in legs
- What causes coagulated blood in the stool
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause of blood stains in the stool
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool