• question-icon

What causes blood in ejaculation?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Men's Health
Question: blood in ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Observe only for now!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this blood in your semen. Some common causes include prostate conditions, infections, prolonged abstinence from sexual intercourse, trauma, etc. Unless it goes on persistently, there is no reason to investigate. For this reason, I will suggest you stay calm and observe only. If it happens again, report for evaluation. We will then proceed with semen analysis to and evaluation of the semen passages/structures.

In all, most often benign unless repetitive. Observe only for now and report if further episodes observed.

I hope this helps and guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chobufo Ditah