What causes black worms in urine?
Urine worms seem unlikely, shall explain
Hello and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and can understand how frustrated you feel due to the response you recieved from the medical staff you met, I shall explain why they reacted how they reacted, but do not agree with the fact that they did not take time to explain things to you and your daughter. Either way, I shall help you with that sir/ma'am.
To start with, in majority of the cases (~90%) the worms noticed while passing urine have not actually come along with the urine. As the bladder is not a suitable environment for worms to strive, they do not inhabit themselves there. Most of the individuals who notice worms in the toilet bowl after passing urine have two most common sources:
1. The toilet bowl/comod itself
2. The worms find their way out through the anus during the act of urination
The second option is the most common one, as these worms inhabit themselves in the intestine, and while the act of passing urine takes place, they exit from the anus. This sensation most times goes unnoticed, making the individual think the worms came along with the urine.
A reason why the worms in the intestine are more likely is due to your daughters symptom of stomach pain, which is usually associated with parasite infestations of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT).
The medical staff you consulted cannot use the worms that you brought to them as these would not be helpful in the laboratory. The worms need to be found from the source and have to be uncontaminated by the surroundings.
The reason why the medical staff can only treat the UTI as of now, is because the parasite infestation has not been confirmed. For this I would recommend you to revisit your doctor and get your daughters stool examined.
As for parasites along with urine, there is only one such parasite that can inhabit itself in the bladder and come out with the urine. It is called schistosoma. This is a rare parasite found usually in third world countries and affects individuals who drink or bath in dirty contaminated srream water, which in my opinion could be unlikely for your daughter. Also important to note is that with schistosoma infestation the individual becomes severely sick much before the worms start leaving the anus. You have not mentioned any serious health issues with your daughter other than the stomach pain and the worms passing out, making schistosoma unlikely sir/ma'am. Do let me know if this is or is not the case.
I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Please do consider the possibility of intestinal parasites.
Best wishes sir/ma'am.
One of my biggest worries is that on May 2nd, my daughter and three other people, including myself, ate at a Mexican restaurant and got food poisoning. I have been trying to research parasites and realize that most of them come from contaminated water or food. Maybe it is unlikely the majority of the time for parasites to come from the urine but her urine sample was very suspicious and she had food poisoning about one month before this occurred. Is it possible to get a parasite infection in your urinary tract from food poisoning?
Yes it is possible; that is unlikely sir/ma'am
Hello and welcome.
Yes of course there are parasites that can inhabit the vagina, one of the most common ones that are found in practice are called Trichomonas vaginalis.
In my opinion, with the added history of food poisoning the possibility of a parasitic infection in the GIT is more likely sir/ma'am. Although, we cannot rule out the parasites from your daughter's urine, it is something we should consider only after the parasitic infection from the GIT is ruled out.
I hope I have successfully addressed the issues you needed information for sir/ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pin worms in adults
- What causes black worms in urine
- What is pin worms caused by
- What causes nose worms
- What causes thread worms
- Pin worm causing frequent urination
- What causes red worms in urine and the remedy
- What causes worms in humans
- What causes worms in stool
- What causes worms in adult
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...