What causes anorexia with nausea, pain and vomiting?
Need more information
Hello and welcome
I appreciate your concern
Kindly answer the following to advise accordingly
Have you lost weight recently
If so can you identify how much exactly
For how long have these symptoms been present
What medications are you currently using
wishing you best of health
Dr M.S Khalil
The commonest cause of anorexia with nausea, pain, vomiting is duodenal ulcer followed by functional dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome. Gastric ulcer, GERD, chronic gastritis, gastric cancer and gall stones are other potential causes. Diverticular disease, small intestine crohns disease, colon cancer and pancreatitis are rare causes. Metabolic causes include diabetic ketoacidosis, renal tubular acidosis, hypercalcemia, adrenocortical insufficiency
Not to be underestimated hormonal changes can also be the cause for anorexia
As you have just anorexia and your are also complaining of anxiety it may be due to depression, anorexia may be due to your anxiety . Body dysmorphic disorder is another serious problem. Anorexia nervosa is also a possible cause,
Helicobacter pylori status should be checked. U/S abdomen can also be done.
PPIs like lansoprazole , pro kinetics such as itopride and appetizers will help.
Diet should be modified in a way to help the anorexia. Take food that smells and looks delicious use salad you can take small and frequent meals.
If the above organic cause cant be found for the symptoms then you can consult a psychiatrist in this regard.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in the umbilical region with nausea and vomitting
- What is the cause for headache vomiting and nausea
- Anorexia nervosa nausea vomiting
- What caused upper abdominal pain with occasional nausea and vomiting
- What causes nausea in anorexia recovery
- What causes vertigo with nausea and vomiting
- Painful clitoris nausea vomiting what is the cause
- Can hangovers cause nausea, vomiting or stomach pain?
- Can pancreatitis cause nausea vomiting and abdominal pain
- What causes abdominal pain nausea and vomiting