• question-icon

What causes anal bleeding?

Posted on Mon, 16 Feb 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have cramps and a bloody muscus discharge from my anas. Also, my spell isn't good. I've had the cramps for a day, but not the discharge. Can I wait until tomorrow to call my Doctor?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Multiple possibilities, need work up, can wait till tomorrow

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. With history of diverticulitis in past, these bloody mucous discharge might be the flare ups and recurrence of diverticulitis symptoms. There are many other possibilities like Inflammatory bowel diseases, ano rectal fissures and fistulas, hemorrhoids , proctitis or abscess etc.

As it is a elective management and not an emergency, you can for sure wait till tomorrow for your doctor. How ever once you get in touch with you will need a little detailed work up and physical examination along with a complete clinical correlation to sort out the etiology here.

Till then, use fibrous and soft diet and drink plenty of fluids. If the discharge is too much you may use some adult diapers or wipe them regularly to prevent any infection or abscess.

I hope it helps. take good care of yoruself and dont dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan