Suggest treatment for pain in the jaws
Confirm with tests.
Detailed below .Nothing to be worried so much.
Thanks for consulting Healthcaremagic.
This is Dr.Priyanka tiwari answering your query.
I have read your query and understand your concern. As far as jaw and teeth pain is concern this can be due to Temporomandibular joint disorder or it can be due to impacted third molar or carious tooth.
For this i will suggest you to consult oral surgeon for clinical examination and investigation radiograph like OPG or TMJ sectional view to confirm the diagnosis.
In meantime i will suggest you few measures :
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush you teeth twice daily.
-Do warm saline rinses.
- Do hot formentation of TMJ region.
-Avoid wide opening of mouth.
-Take soft diet.
-Apply ointment containing diclofenac gel on painful region of jaw.
- For pain you can take medicine like Flexon MR or Myospaz Forte (muscle relaxtant) by consulting with local doctor.
Hope this will help you.
If you have further query i will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Suggest treatment for pain in lower jaw and bottom teeth
- Suggest treatment for coccyx pain
- Suggest treatment for severe jaw and inner ear pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for ear pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for jaw pain due to tooth infection
- Treatment and cure for jaw pain