Suggest treatment for pain in the jaws

Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Dental Health
Question: Thank u. I have pain in jaw and teeth. Have been on doxycycline for 2mths for Lyme, which my dr could not
Confirm with tests.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below .Nothing to be worried so much.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting Healthcaremagic.
This is Dr.Priyanka tiwari answering your query.

I have read your query and understand your concern. As far as jaw and teeth pain is concern this can be due to Temporomandibular joint disorder or it can be due to impacted third molar or carious tooth.
For this i will suggest you to consult oral surgeon for clinical examination and investigation radiograph like OPG or TMJ sectional view to confirm the diagnosis.
In meantime i will suggest you few measures :
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush you teeth twice daily.
-Do warm saline rinses.
- Do hot formentation of TMJ region.
-Avoid wide opening of mouth.
-Take soft diet.
-Apply ointment containing diclofenac gel on painful region of jaw.
- For pain you can take medicine like Flexon MR or Myospaz Forte (muscle relaxtant) by consulting with local doctor.

Hope this will help you.
If you have further query i will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana