What causes an indentation on upper back?
Dont worry..it could be a positional one
Hi.... Many thanks for consulting in Health Care Magic. It could be a muscular or tissue indentation. As you have not mentioned any pain or decreased range of movement around any joint...I don't think you should worry about it. But I would be extremely happy to clear your doubt 100% if you could upload a photo. Hope my answer was helpful for you. Happy to help anytime. Further clarifications and consultations on Health Care Magic are welcome.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).
1st option: Neurologist; 2nd option: Plastic surgeon
Hello XXXXXXX I thank you for your trust in me & also for uploading the photo. It seems like a muscular indentation in the subscapular or below the right scapular region. As you have rightly suspected it could be a wasting. But common things 1st...this usually occurs after an abscess is drained & healed over a muscular area. Coming to your query as to which Dr to consult... I suggest you see a neurologist first & if everything is ruled out neurologically (as its near spine in right paraspinal region), I suggest you consult a plastic surgeon if you feel its cosmetically important for him during swimming etc...as he's an adolescent. Hope my answer was helpful for you. Happy to help anytime. Further clarifications and consultations on Health Care Magic are welcome.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a splotchy back
- What causes gas pressure in upper and middle back
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes allergy in back
- Upper back injury causes
- What is the cause of tingling back
- What causes back spasms
- What causes hard lump on upper side of back
- What causes itching on upper back
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?