What causes an elevated liver enzymes SGPT and SGOT?
i m 31 y.o male
inhave eleveted liver enzymes sgpt and sogt as well as bilirubin .
I talked to a XXXXXXX doctor from this panel only . he adviced me to take a capsule of milk thstle that i m taking since 18th also in addition i have started taking Liv 52 Ds 2 times daily .
earlier i used to take ROSUVAS F10 for cholestrol
and NEBSTAR 5 for blood pressure .
i wanted to know what might be the cause of elevated liver enzymes also please tell me is thwre any serious thing i.e any threat to life .
i m attaching the report please go through it and suggest
my height 5 .8
weight 97 kgs
Additional information is required
I can certainly understand your concern.
I have worked through your attached reports in detail.
Your reports show mild elevation of liver enzymes.
Certainly milk thistle and Liv 52 will help to normalise these parameters.
Before guiding you further, with regards to elevation of your liver enzymes I would like to know the following
1. Are you consuming alcohol ? If yes since how long and when was the last drink taken ?
2. Are you normal weight/overweight/ obese ?
3. Since how long are you receiving Rosuvastatin( Rosuvastatin F) and Nebistar ?
4. When was the last lipid profile ( blood cholesterol levels) tested ?
5. Did you take up Ultrasound abdomen test in the recent past ?
6. Is there any associated fever, pain abdomen or yellowish discoloration of urine or skin or eyes?
7. Have you consumed any outside food stuff before the development of liver enzymes abnormalities ?
8. Did you screen yourself for viral Hepatitis ?
Once I receive your answers I will guide you through.
1. i take alcohol but occassionally last time i had was around 26th dec 2017
2.i m obese my weight is 100 kgs approx
3.2 year back i took rosuvas and then again 5 6 months m taking rosuvas f10 and nebstar since 2 years
4.lipid profie on 18th XXXXXXX 2018 reports attached.
5. as there was no need i didnot had ultrasound.
6. some times pain very little no fever no discoloration
7. since i m travelling for work i use to eat junk food quiet often .
Weight reduction and avoidance of alcohol is strongly recommended
You have attached liver function tests, but not the lipid profile.
The liver abnormalities in your case are related to overweight and alcohol intake. It's high time to quit alcohol and go for weight reduction.
Likewise it's advisable to consider an ultrasound abdomen at the earliest to determine liver pathology in view of alcohol intake and overweight.
It's not safe to take Rosuvastatin without lipid profile guidance.
It's also the high time to quit eating outside food stuff.
Review with reports to determine further course of action.
Are you satisfied with my consultation? Is there anything else left to be discussed ?
Post your further queries if any
Tab Liveril forte helps
I generally prescribe Tab Liveril forte 1 pill once a day after breakfast for 2 weeks for my patients with such lab abnormalities.
Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Formaldehyde cause elevated liver enzymes
- Dilaudid causing elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and enlarged spleen
- Mrsa cause elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and positive cmv
- Ultram causing elevated liver enzymes
- Migraines cause elevated liver enzymes
- Elevated liver enzymes causes
- Leukoplakia causes elevated liver enzymes
- Strep causing elevated liver enzymes
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails