What causes adverse effect on the enjoyment of sex after hysterectomy?
Sex after hysterectomy is usually determined by your sexlife before surgery
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
You did not mention clearly what exactly was the latest Pap smear/Colposcopy report. So I cannot comment regarding its treatment.
Robotics surgery is good. With it the recovery is very fast.
After hysterectomy most women do not experience any adverse effect on the enjoyment of sex. So hysterectomy should not stop you from enjoying sex. You need about 6 weeks’ time after the surgery to get back to normal and start enjoying your sexual life. In fact some women have better sexual life after hysterectomy as their problems are solved with hysterectomy.
Clitoris and labia which are very sensitive and necessary for orgasm are in no way affected by hysterectomy. So you can still enjoy orgasm. Some women experience uterine contractions during orgasm. This will no longer be there after surgery.
Sex after hysterectomy is usually determined by your sex life before hysterectomy. Women enjoying good sex life before surgery continue to do so after surgery too. You must have heard ( from friends/ magazines) about lack of libido and vaginal dryness after hysterectomy. As long as ovaries are not removed you usually are not affected. In case you experience some dryness you can use lubricants.
In my experience I have found that enjoying sex life more often depends upon person’s mindset. I don’t foresee any problems in your case.
I hope I have answered your concerns.
If you have any further queries, do write to me through healthcare magic.
I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes low potassium after hysterectomy
- Can hysterectomy cause complications after having sex
- What causes bleeding after hysterectomy
- What does smoking after hysterectomy cause
- What causes cramps and spotting after complete hysterectomy
- What might cause slight bleeding after a hysterectomy after having sex
- What causes irritation and mood swings after hysterectomy
- What causes fatigue after hysterectomy
- What causes bleeding during urination after a hysterectomy
- What causes adhesions after hysterectomy