What causes acute gastritis with nausea when diagnosed with hypertension and colitis?

Posted on Thu, 24 Sep 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: i have a ha of Hypertension, lupus, colitis, ischemic colitis, and breast cancer, gallbladder slug
Friday evening we had Mexican food.(I had flautist and 2 margaritas)
I had rapid symptoms of generalized abdominal pain followed by nausea...no vomiting. By sat am more intense abdominal pain followed by severe nausea and then foamy clear emesis. I have only taken lots of water a little bit of jello and sips of beef broth.
Should I take antibiotics?
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acute Gastritis With Nausea?Food Induced

Detailed Answer:
Provisional Impression-Acute Gastritis With Nausea?Food Induced .

Hi,Thanks for the query to my Virtual Clinic at HCM.
I studied all the details put forth by your query.
In my opinion
- as you don't have any complaints of diarrhoea or dysentry after the food,and no fever and chills with it,
-and as the intense abdominal pain with sever nausea on friday and saturday,was due to the food induced Acute Gastritis with excessive mucus froth with it,
The whole picture seems to be due to the Food induced Gastritis.

Suggestions -
Hence I would suggest you to take following steps-
Consult your family doctor and under his guidance do the following steps-
a-Be on bland non-spicy, low protein diet with more of rice soups x for 2-3 days time
b-Be on Banana Milk shake / and sweet Butter Milk -for 2-3 days time
c-PPI-like Tab Proton-D-to reduce the Gastritis and acid reflux with it with Dicyclomine for abdominal pains,with advise of your family doctor.
d-No antibiotics,if no diarrhoea/or dysentry / or Fever/Chills
e-Tab-Ornidazole-if nausea and stomach pain don't subside in 24 -48 hours with food control,after stool examination,ONLY if Giardia/Amoeba Cysts/protozoa are found in stool
f-Avoid Alcohol and non-veg diet for 5 days atleast.
g-Tab Zincovit -from 3rd day for fast recovery.
h-Plenty of fluids/liquids in a and b forms

So avoid antibiotics as far as possible as no fever and chills are there.
And Consult your family doctor and your specialist,to avoid any complications.

Hope this would resolve all your problems,but as you in sixties and are known case with many ailments (like Hypertension, lupus, colitis, ischemic colitis, and breast cancer, gallbladder slug) ,I would suggest to consult your family doctor and if need be your specialist doctors ,on advise from your family doctor.

Hope this would help you in planning further treatment with your doctor,after primary recovery from this plan suggested.

Welcome for any further query in this regard.

If you are satisfied with this reply,don't forget to write your review with comments of your experience for the needy visitors at HCM.

Wishing fast recovery to you.

Have a good day.
Dr.Savaskar M.N.
M.S.Genl-CVTS, XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon