What causes absence of periods?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: HI Doctor please help me. i had sex before 2 months and she got her monthly period on next 2 months and in this month period is due from last 7 days. is it a symptom of pregnancy. please help me.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY.

Detailed Answer:

1) There is NO chance of pregnancy after 2 months gap as she had gotten her monthly period in next 2 months.

2) Late period may be due to hormonal imbalance, mental stress, over weight, irregular diet habit, Poly Cystic Ovary etc.

I suggest her to undergo one ultrasound scan and hormone test to confirm the diagnosis. She may require progesterone pill to induce period. Kindly, consult with her doctor for complete prescription.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can write me in following address:

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326