Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What causes abdominal pain with rumbling and bloating?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4852 Questions
I get abdominal pain, rumbling and bloating when climbing at altitude.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal during exercise as following...

Detailed Answer:

It is normal to get bloating and rumbling when climbing at altitude due to increased atmospheric pressure.

Furthermore, climbing is considered as an exercise, during which you might gasp for air. Thus, more air is being swallowed causing bloating.

Next, during this physical activities, the muscles of the GI tract are being stimulated resulting in bloating, rumbling and abdominal pain.

I advise to:
- try to take it easy when climbing
- avoid swallowing air
- take simethicone to relieve bloating
- eat often and small portions and slowly
- drink juice or water slowly, do not rush to avoid too much air swallowed

If no improvement, or if the symptoms will persist outside climbing, should consult your doctor for further evaluation.

Hope it answered to your queries!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor