What causes abdominal cramps during pregnancy?
Do one usg scan if cramp is persistent.
Thanks for writing to us.
Mild to moderate abdominal cramp is quite common and seen throughout the pregnancy period. It occurs mostly due to irregular uterine contraction.
I suggest you to undergo one pelvic ultrasound scan (if NOT done recently and have persistent abdominal cramp) to know the status of Previous Cyst and other underlying pathology (if any).
Anti-spasmodic medication (like Drotaverine) or uterine relaxant may help to reduce abdominal cramp. Take complete prescription from your doctor.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and successful motherhood.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes abdominal cramping and light brown discharge during pregnancy
- Upper abdominal cramping during pregnancy
- What could cause abdominal cramps and delay in periods
- What is the cause of faint abdominal cramping
- What causes abdominal cramps with vomiting and petite loss
- What causes abdominal cramping diarrhea and severe headache
- What causes mild abdominal cramps with brown discharge
- What causes abdominal cramps with dark urine and vomiting
- What causes delayed periods with abdominal cramps
- What causes abdominal cramps after an intercourse