What causes a sudden onset of cloudy vision?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My vision suddenly became cloudy and I have no idea why. It was fine earlier today but now everything looks as if it's in a haze of smoke. I am a diabetic but my last A1C was 6.2
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hemorrhage

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This cloudiness can be due to hemorrhage. Is it in one eye or both eyes,as hemorrhage is unlikely to occur in both eyes simultaneously.
Get to doctor immediately and continue with your sugar control properly as this has happened due to diabetes.
Do get back to us in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 21 minutes later
it is in both eyes, is it still hemmmorage
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be hemorrhage

Detailed Answer:
My dear
Good of you to get back to me.
This is unlikely to be hemorrhage as both eyes envolving at the same time is too much for a coincidence.
There may be water logging in the retina and needs treatment.Get in touch with a retina specialist immediately.
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 16 minutes later
I have been given permission to go to urgent care but most are closed so I will be going in the morning. I also have an appointment with an eye Dr. tomorrow afternoon.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Macular oedema

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Good of you to get back.
There are possibilities of water logging in the central area. There was no defect noticed on your last eye examination? As these problems do not crop up overnight and they development slowly over a period of time.
Let's wait till tomorrow for a final diagnosis.