• question-icon

What causes a sore bump on the back and nasal bleeding after injury?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Head Injuries
Question: I fell and bumped the back of my head last week. The following morning when I sat up my nose bleed for half an hour, there was no clotting it was thin. I still have a sore bump and have been very tired.Do you think
I need toget a scan. There has been no bleeding since the initial.
Thanks XXXX
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....better to get yourself evaluated by consulting a neurologist and getting a CT brain done
Detailed answer.....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Although you are not complaining of loss of consciousness or headache or vomiting or any seizure but since you had substantial bleeding from nose and still feeling tired,you must consult a neurologist and get a CT brain done to rule out any hematoma or intra cerebral bleed. 
You also need an examination of your nose to look for any trauma there.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me or any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta