What causes a pinching feeling in right eye after reading for an hour?
pinching feeling in my right eye
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Based on your description, its most likely due to a dry eye. Inadequate blinking, anticholinergic medication, excessive computer or book reading sessions can lead the eye lubrication system to dry out. This may be affecting one eye more than the other.
Rest and eye lubricants such as sustane or eye lube would help. If the problem persists despite these then an ophthalmologist opinion should be sought to examine for other causes such as an infection or inflammatory condition e.g conjunctivitis , episcleritis etc.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes my right eye to tingling
- What causes hurting in right eye after a fall
- What causes vomiting after a baseball injury on eyes
- What causes tired eyes run down feeling
- What causes an eye to feel bruised inside
- What cause a weird feeling in eyes
- What causes swelling and twitching in eyes after sinusitis
- What causes red eyes after shower
- What cause wobble eyes feeling
- What could cause sudden twitching of right eye