• question-icon

What causes a painful pus filled bump on the body?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I was bit last week and experienced swelling, pain and the are was res and warm. Now i have a hard ball under rhe skin. It is itchy and when i rub it stings. It almost feels like there is something inside
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pyoderma most probably

Detailed Answer:

I read history and saw the photo. I feel that most probably you may be having pyoderma....caused by bacteria like staphylococcus. However you consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment. After thorough examination and investigations,he might give proper treatment.

I would suggest....

- a short course of antibiotic
- antiinflammatory drugs
- antihistaminics
- apply antibiotic cream
- take bath with dettol liq containing water
- improve immunity
- take nutritious diet

I hope this would help you.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 6 days later
How about Granuloma. The symptoms are just the same. I'm against antibiotics. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pyoderma

Detailed Answer:

Granuloma is not a disease. It is a pathology...ok. And kindly consult the dermatologist personally and have thorough examination and investigations. Then the proper treatment may be given by him.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 3 days later
Hr went to dermatologist last week and gave him 2 injections with a serum to break the blood, it still looks the same.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pyoderma

Detailed Answer:

Kindly discuss with your dermatologist about the nature of disease and its treatment.

I think your lesion might heal gradually. Do not worry.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist