What causes a painful lump on the upper thigh?
Sebaceus cyst seems possible.
Thank you for the query.
Can you please attach a photo of this lump?
Painful lump usually indicates infected lump. If there was a lump before in this area, and now became painful, sebaceous cyst is the most probable reason. If so, there should be a tiny dent visible on the skin surface.
If this lump has become bigger recently, this is an alarming sign and you should not wait with it.
Otherwise its rather benign lesion.
To have it diagnosed property, please have soft tissues ultrasound done. Sebaceus cyst should be removed. This procedure can be done in local anesthesia.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes knots and pain on upper thighs
- Chafing thighs cause lump
- Upper thigh pain causes
- Causes of lump on inner thigh
- What causes lump on thigh
- What causes lumpdent in upper thigh
- What causes blue lumps on my left thigh
- What could cause a lump on the thigh
- Painless lumps on the thigh causes
- What causes discoloured excess skin lump on thighs
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?