What causes a musty odour in body post intake of Losartan?
100mg in the Drs. office and noticed a musty odor in my car and on my body. Usually I will be taking
the pills at nigfht, but this was in the afternoon. I see on the web that this is a rare side effect.
Can it be helped in any way.
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would agree with your that this is a rare effect of losartan. Nevertheless, before concluding that this is related to losartan, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician and excluding other possible causes of body smell.
I would recommend performing these tests:
- a complete blood count
- fasting glucose and HbA1C
- thyroid hormone levels
- blood electrolytes
- kidney and liver function tests
If all the above tests result normal you should consider the reduce of losartan dosage and add another anti-hypertensive drug like a calcium channel blocker to your therapy.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for my bad body odour
- Bisoprolol cause body odour
- What causes foul body odour
- What sinus problems can losartan potassium causes
- Does losartan hctz taken for hypertension cause body odour
- What causes frequent urination after started losartan
- What causes dizziness when on losartan
- Methotrexate causing body odour
- What causes musty body odor
- What is the cause of headache when on losartan