What causes a big soft ball of lump on the right knee?
How soon before I get an answer? Am I to wait just a few minutes or a few hours or a whole day? I did not get an estimate from anyone. Thank you.
There can be collection of blood around knee joint
Hello, Welcome to HCM.
I have studied your case and can understand your concern.
I think there can be collection of blood around knee joint.It is called hematoma. It is common in people who are taking blood thinners or previous surgery.
I would suggest you to follow these steps.
1. ice application should be continued.
2.Rest , Avoid prolong standing or sitting .
3.Compression bandage can be applied.
4.Take prophylactic antibiotic like cefuroxime for three to five days.
These steps will help in resolution of blood hematoma and fast recovery. In case there is pain or increase in size of swelling you need to visit your doctor and get x ray.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. let me know if there is any other followup questions. Thanks
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump behind knee causes
- What causes fluid on knees
- Right knee injury causes
- What causes lumps on elbows knees and fingers
- What causes painful moveable lump on knee
- What could cause a swollen rolling lump in the knee
- Hard lump on knee causing swelling
- What causes lump on knees after total knee replacement
- What could be the cause of numbness in right knee
- What causes hyperreflex in right knee