Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

What causes Right lower abdominal severe chronic pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Age 44 male. Right lower abdominal severe chronic pain begins around day time and goes on till morning hrs. Until stools are passed and the pain subsides. Again by day time it flares up and continues as previous day. When press and hold the lower right abdomen a pain radiates from the particular point to the naval and further lower to naval and further right of the lower abdomen. The pain radiates like a triangle when press and hold the area of pain its like pressing an open wound also associates with growling noices like water flowing and emptying also note my platelet count has been low for a while. Hovering around 60-80. Platelet antibodies test was done and it was negative. Fatty lever was diagnosed when ultra sound was done. Doctors reckon nothing serious. Checked with gastroenterolgist, urologist and general surgeon I was prescribed gaviscon, parriet, librax. I am on 10mg lovastatin for cholestrol. Can you pls suggest what should I do, doctors seem not understand my pain.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Look like issue with ileocecal junction. Detailed Answer: Hello, In view details regarding type of pain, it looks like issue with ileocecal junction. Probably there is narrowing at this level, so you get pain when stools built up and pain is relieved when bowel is clear of stools.Again growling noises and water flowing sound support this possibility. In cases like yours I would first like to get investigations like barium meal follow through, CT scan and if needed endoscopy done.These investigations will also help rule out other causes of such pain. After investigations treatment can be planned. So seeing gastroenterologist and getting investigations done would be ideal step. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor