What casues pain and bloating in upper abdomen?
in my colon but not inflammed. He suggested I eat a high-fiber diet. I have had diarrhea off and on.
He also prescribed Generic "Bentyl" 10 mg every 8 hours. It does not seem to be help. What should I do,
nothing seems to work.
looks like gastritis.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Pain in upper abdomen with bloating and on off diarrhoea points towards gastritis with gastroenteritis.
I usually start my patients with similar complaints on antibiotics like metronidaxole or ornidazole and a ppi tablet like pantaprazole or omeprazole for a few weeks. And would suggest you the same. But you need to see your doctor for the prescription.
Also you need to avoid tea, coffee, soda drinks and spicy foods as they will increase the gastritis.
Eat more of fresh curds and you may also take a preprobiotic for faster relief.
Hope i have been helpful.
Dr. Deepika Patil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why is my abdomen bloated with pain in it
- Bloated abdomen and chest pains
- Pain in abdomen when urinating bloating
- Bloated pain abdomen
- What causes pain in lower abdomen with bloating
- Upper gi pain with bloating
- Bloating pain in lower abdomen
- Bloated upper abdomen and and burning pain
- What is the cause for bloating and pain in abdomen
- Abdomen feels bloated and back pain