Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

What can be the lump on the base of penis with puss inside?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
Hi My partner has a lump on the right hand side base of his penis and it had a puss in the middle which looks like a burst spot. Would u know what that is?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Folliculitis Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin condition and I hold I am able on help you in the same. Your partners seems to have developed a lesion of folliculitis. This is basically an infective condition of the root of hair follicle. It can occur due to slight pull to the hair. Now first of all, he needs to keep the affected area clean and dry. Clean the affected area with lukewarm saline water twice a day. Dry the area and apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the lesion. Do not apply any other oil or cream over the affected area. Wear cotton undergarments in order to decrease sweating. If inspite of the above treatment for two to three days, if the lesion still persists, then he might need a course of oral antibiotics. Hope it helps If you have any other queries, please ask. Dr Geetika Paul.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor