Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What can be done to treat a red lump on the outside of the wrist which is painful to the touch?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
my husband has developed a scabby reddish lump on the outside of his wrist which seems to be about quarter inch round and high and has come up with a blackish top on it over about 14 days. It is not casuin g pain unless it is touched
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 5 hours later
Thank you for the query,
XXXXXXX the information you have provided is not enough to reach to a diagnosis.
I would like to know few things here:
1) what was the sequence of its development(how did it actually start).
2) Is it itchy .
3) is there any oozing from it.
4) Any associated symptoms like fever or cough ?
5) any past history of any medical illness like tuberculosis,diabetes etc ?
6)Has he taken ant treatment for it and what was the result.

You can even consider sending a picture of the lesion to me which would help further.You can send it at YYYY@YYYY write subject as "ATTN Dr.Bharat Chawda" and please also reply to my answer on the website,saying that you have sent a picture.

I would wait for your reply to help you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor