Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What can I do after swallowing a broken piece of the ceramic blade?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12753 Questions
I was opening a can of soup and used a ceramic knife to pry the lid back. I ate the soup and afterwards saw that the knife I had used was chipped on the blade. I am very worried that I may have ingested the broken piece of the ceramic blade. What should I do?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. A very small piece of the broken bade if it has been ingested is not possible to be removed unless it is stuck in the throat. most of the times such small foreign bodies do pass out along with the stool in 2-3 days. It is not likely to cause any symptoms apart from the anxiety that you are having. In case you have any sudden sharp pain in the abdomen which is persistent for more than 3-4 hours then do attend an ER for an evaluation otherwise do not worry. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor