What are the ways to induce labor?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Any proven ways to induce labor?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
PLZ CONSULT A PROPER OBSTETRICION FOR PROPER ASSESMENT FOR THE NEED OF LABOUR INDUCTION, THANX
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 1 minute later
Im just looking for some ideas.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes there are

Detailed Answer:

Yes, there are certain medical and mechanical ways to induce labor.

Medical
1-Oxytocin intravenous infusion
2-Intravaginal, endocervical or extra-amniotic administration of Prostaglandin vaginal creams

Mechanical
1-Artificial rupture of the membranes which means breaking the water bag
2-Membrane stripping (from its attachment to the uterine wall) by sweeping or using a foley catheter.

Please consult a Gynecologist to know the indications and for procedures.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

regards,